Thursday, December 17, 2009

What can I Give?

I saw this on the KLOVE blog this morning ... and it reminded me, yet again, of how easy it is to give to others without ever spending a cent. I love to open presents and packages, but really these gifts are the ones that mean the most for these are gifts of the heart.

Give the Gift of Listening – Really listen. No interrupting, no daydreaming, no planning your response. Just listening.

Give the Gift of Affection – Be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back and handholds. Let these small actions demonstrate the love you have for family and friends.

Give the Gift of Laughter – Clip cartoons, share articles, funny stories, and a good joke. Your gift will say, “I love to laugh with you.”

Give the Gift of a Written Note – It can be a simple “Thanks for the help” note or an “I appreciate you” note. A brief, handwritten note may be remembered for a lifetime, and may even change a life.

Give the Gift of a Compliment – Everyone needs encouragement. Mark Twain said, “One compliment can keep me going for a whole month.”

Give the Gift of a Favor – Go out of your way to do something kind for someone.

Give the Gift of Solitude – There are times when we want nothing more than to have some peace and quiet. Be sensitive to those times, and give the gift of solitude to others.

Give the Gift of a Cheerful Disposition – The easiest way to feel good is to extend a kind word to someone. It’s not hard to be polite and courteous, to say “hello” or “thank you.”

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love this Paige! I was thinking about you this evening, and I am so glad I stopped by. Thank you for this encouraging post, I will look back at it often to remember ways I can give to those around me. :)

    Much love~

    ReplyDelete