Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Consistently Inconsistent

Now that's a strange twist of words, isn't it. Sadly, it is my truth. It is the truth about many areas of my life, but the one that bothers me most right now is my walk with God.

Oh, in the bad times, I know right where to turn. I'm on my knees, weeping and praying. I'm reading my Bible and searching for the truth. I know exactly who to seek when the going is rough. And praise the Lord, He's always come through for me, even though I don't deserve it.

But when the days are good and I'm feeling fine ... well, then I just offer up some half-hearted, rushed prayers and go about my business like I've got no other concerns. I don't seek God's desires for me when the good times are rolling.

God's been pointing that out to me over the past few days. My heart is breaking because of my consistent inconsistency. I'm praying that the Lord will change this life pattern in me for I do want to be a more consistent follower of Christ ... a consistently consistent follower who sticks close to God on the good days as well as the bad days.

No comments:

Post a Comment