Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring Cleaning in my Soul

I've been busy doing a lot decluttering in my heart. This spring cleaning has been good for me, but definitely not fun. Every day I'm faced with some ugly truth about myself. The most recent thing I've come to the realize is that I'm 36 years old and to this day I worry more about what someone else *might* think about my life than I do about how Jesus and I feel about my life. :( This concern is cluttering up my mind and my heart. I often can't hear the Lord because of the loudness of this clutter that's clanging around. I long for peace when I make decisions, and I'm seeing that I'll never get that if I'm listening to all the well-meaning people in my life. Far too often, I'm guilty of being a people pleaser, when really all that matters is being a God-pleaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment