Monday, April 13, 2009

I've been experiencing life from the safety of a cocoon.

Sometimes, we need seasons like that ... seasons when we are wrapped snug in a place of love where our hearts are healed and our souls are renewed after a long, hard battle. Without the cocoon, life would be overwhelming. So, we are thankful for the time we can spend in safe keeping out of danger's way.

But in that cocoon, there is also growth that takes place. As time passes on, what was once a place of security eventually becomes uncomfortable. We long to push out and stretch new wings to the sun and experience life from outside the cocoon again.

I'm not sure ... but I think I'm ready to emerge from my own little cocoon. It's been 2 years of living with life on hold. With every day that passes, I feel like I'm becoming more and more tightly wedged into this tiny place. I'm thinking it is time to try to fly again.

No comments:

Post a Comment